Home staging is an important part of any home, especially if that home is on the market. By staging your home correctly, you can easily turn a cluttered, boring room into a modern living space. Here are some home staging tips that are easy on the wallet (and the eyes)!
- Replace any old or inefficient overhead light fixtures with chandeliers. Chandeliers are a great way to throw light across a room, and even the cheapest chandeliers give a room character as well add class.
- Remove all clutter from surfaces. Pile of bills on the kitchen counter? Either pay them or organize them in a drawer. Does the coffee table always have books and remotes laying on top of it? Stick them in the cupboard or consider a coffee table with a drawer. Clutter is the number one culprit of a poorly staged home.
- While you’re clearing those surfaces, dust and clean them, too! From the kitchen to the bathroom and even the night stand in the bedroom, all surfaces need to be dusted and scrubbed. Watch as the original color is able to shine through on even your oldest surfaces.
- A fresh coat of paint is worth every penny. Now is the time to give your home a slightly new look, and that new paint job will make your home look brighter and more modern. Go for neutral colors, as any potential buyers may want to paint over them.
- Consider replacing old carpet with wood. Wood floors give a sense of cleanliness. Who knows how many cookie crumbs and chip pieces lie in the fibers of even newer carpeting, but with easily maintainable wood floors, the worry is gone. A freshly washed wood floor looks as good as the day you bought it.
- On those new wood floors, consider buying an area rug in any living room or family room. An area rug is great for added color and can easily be rolled up and stored for special occasions.
- Replace old door knobs with more modern ones, especially on your front door. A door knob is usually the first part of your house that you or a buyer will interact with. Creating a strong first impression will make it easier to impress buyers.
- Replace electrical outlet covers. These things are sometimes literally a dime a dozen and can help make a room look more crisp. Regardless of the color scheme of your room, there will be an outlet cover that perfectly matches it.
Proper home staging is a necessity for every home, regardless if it is on the market or not, and by following some or all of these tips, your once outdated rooms will appear new and modern.