It’s hard enough to keep yourself motivated at work throughout the day, and it can be even more difficult to keep others motivated. Fortunately, there are things you can do to promote better productivity whether at home or at work – and it all comes down to good design.
Studies have shown that you can better design the interior of your home office or workspace to help create a more positive and stimulating atmosphere. This will up the moral and the work productivity happening in the space, even if the space is within your own house!
Tips and Tricks to Motivate You through Design
- Make sure that there is plenty of lightening, especially natural lighting. The more windows in the space, the better! Natural light gives off energy and if the space is too dim or lacks in natural light, it can easily become dull and the motivation to work in the space will be desolate.
- Add some greenery. By adding other life to the room, your mind will feel more awakened and refreshed. Add household plants to give the room an outdoor feel, keeping you from feeling the need to escape outside. Plants also help to filter the air which will naturally help increase your body’s energy.
- Make sure that you have a functional table with adequate space and storage, and find a comfortable, yet office-friendly chair to sit in while working. The chair should slightly recline and keep you at a good level with your computer and other items atop the desk, while also allowing your feet should be able to firmly touch the floor.
- Colour can evoke different feelings. Carefully select the colours incorporated in your design. Opt for lighter, more refreshing colours such as blue, white or green. Try to keep them light in shade as to not become overwhelming.
- Conduct daily pickups to avoid clutter. Make sure that you have plenty of storage space and that the room doesn’t fill up with typical office supplies and paperwork. Installing filing cabinets, bookshelves and other such pieces to make the office functional, yet appealing.
- Hang artwork on the walls. Artwork creates interest in the room without cluttering the space up with décor. When you hire your designer, you can even map out places on your walls to showcase and properly light certain pieces.
- Keep the temperature of the room slightly on the cooler side. If the room is too warm, it will make you more at ease. The air quality should also be kept pure and fresh. Create better air quality not only through plant life and windows, but consider purchasing an air purifier.
All designers have their own preferences when it comes to creating a productive environment. If you’re looking to spruce up your work or home office, talk to Bedford Brooks today and see how we can increase your efficiency!