«     »
Nov
16

Where are we shopping this week?

Posted by Peter Brooks in Design Tips, Interior design, Shops on Nov 16th, 2011

Dark Tools – architectural lighting distributors

I recently dropped in to see a new lighting shop called Dark, located just south of the Lakeshore on Carlaw Avenue.  I was given the full tour by owner Mo Nahar who was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable.

If you’re looking for modern lighting that takes budget into consideration you must make this a definite stop on your shopping list.

They are distributors for Corbett, Troy, Habbardton Forge and several other lighting design/manufacturers.

Their showroom features some beautiful lighting fixtures from wall sconces to large and small ceiling fixtures, pendant lighting and task lighting. 

Let us know if you plan a visit to Dark Tools. We would be happy to introduce you and pass along any Designers Discount.

Happy Shopping.

DESIGN FIND ~ LED LIGHTING:

LED lighting has come a long way over the past 12 months.  Applications of strip lighting and SMD LED puck lights are endless.  Some of the advantages of LED lighting are their operational life, white LED lamps will have a 100,000 hours estimate life.  This is 11 years of continuous operation.  The average life of an incandescent bulb is approximately 5000 hours.  Another significant factor of us in large office buildings is the cost of maintenance to replace bulbs can be enormous. 

The key strength of LED lighting is reduced poser consumption.  When designed properly an LED circuit will approach 80% efficiency, which means 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy.  The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy.  Compare that with incandescent  bulbs which operates at about a 20% efficiency (80% of the electrical energy is lost as heat).

As the cost of LED lighting comes down along with the flexibility of usage, colour tone and brightness flexibility, LED lighting is an exciting trend that is here to stay.

Leave a Reply

«     »
Nov
16

Where are we shopping this week?

Posted by Peter Brooks in Design Tips, Interior design, Shops on Nov 16th, 2011

Dark Tools – architectural lighting distributors

I recently dropped in to see a new lighting shop called Dark, located just south of the Lakeshore on Carlaw Avenue.  I was given the full tour by owner Mo Nahar who was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable.

If you’re looking for modern lighting that takes budget into consideration you must make this a definite stop on your shopping list.

They are distributors for Corbett, Troy, Habbardton Forge and several other lighting design/manufacturers.

Their showroom features some beautiful lighting fixtures from wall sconces to large and small ceiling fixtures, pendant lighting and task lighting. 

Let us know if you plan a visit to Dark Tools. We would be happy to introduce you and pass along any Designers Discount.

Happy Shopping.

DESIGN FIND ~ LED LIGHTING:

LED lighting has come a long way over the past 12 months.  Applications of strip lighting and SMD LED puck lights are endless.  Some of the advantages of LED lighting are their operational life, white LED lamps will have a 100,000 hours estimate life.  This is 11 years of continuous operation.  The average life of an incandescent bulb is approximately 5000 hours.  Another significant factor of us in large office buildings is the cost of maintenance to replace bulbs can be enormous. 

The key strength of LED lighting is reduced poser consumption.  When designed properly an LED circuit will approach 80% efficiency, which means 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy.  The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy.  Compare that with incandescent  bulbs which operates at about a 20% efficiency (80% of the electrical energy is lost as heat).

As the cost of LED lighting comes down along with the flexibility of usage, colour tone and brightness flexibility, LED lighting is an exciting trend that is here to stay.

Leave a Reply

«     »
Nov
16

Where are we shopping this week?

Posted by Peter Brooks in Design Tips, Interior design, Shops on Nov 16th, 2011

Dark Tools – architectural lighting distributors

I recently dropped in to see a new lighting shop called Dark, located just south of the Lakeshore on Carlaw Avenue.  I was given the full tour by owner Mo Nahar who was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable.

If you’re looking for modern lighting that takes budget into consideration you must make this a definite stop on your shopping list.

They are distributors for Corbett, Troy, Habbardton Forge and several other lighting design/manufacturers.

Their showroom features some beautiful lighting fixtures from wall sconces to large and small ceiling fixtures, pendant lighting and task lighting. 

Let us know if you plan a visit to Dark Tools. We would be happy to introduce you and pass along any Designers Discount.

Happy Shopping.

DESIGN FIND ~ LED LIGHTING:

LED lighting has come a long way over the past 12 months.  Applications of strip lighting and SMD LED puck lights are endless.  Some of the advantages of LED lighting are their operational life, white LED lamps will have a 100,000 hours estimate life.  This is 11 years of continuous operation.  The average life of an incandescent bulb is approximately 5000 hours.  Another significant factor of us in large office buildings is the cost of maintenance to replace bulbs can be enormous. 

The key strength of LED lighting is reduced poser consumption.  When designed properly an LED circuit will approach 80% efficiency, which means 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy.  The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy.  Compare that with incandescent  bulbs which operates at about a 20% efficiency (80% of the electrical energy is lost as heat).

As the cost of LED lighting comes down along with the flexibility of usage, colour tone and brightness flexibility, LED lighting is an exciting trend that is here to stay.

Leave a Reply